LIV is looking for a confident, expert WebGL developer to help us build a rich, persistent world on the web.
Your work will contribute to changing how the world interacts with live streamed games, and we'll expect you to take pride in your work here, keenly learn and grow along with us.
If you feel like you'd be a great team fit, but don't meet 100% of the requirements, please apply anyways! :)
- Work closely with back-end team and CTO to build the underlying skeleton for our upcoming rich, 3D web platform.
- Take ownership on delivering a 'Nintendo-polished' experience on the web.
- Treat the front-end with the same care and attention as you would a game interface.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You need to be able to both give, and take critical feedback without ego.
- Commitment to ongoing code quality maintenance & documentation.
- If it's broken, throw it out and do better.
- To be highly self-disciplined & directed.
- May your commits be small and frequent.
- A deep understanding of browser technologies.
- We're talking lower level than <popular MVC framework>
- Three or more years of professional working experience.
- A deep understanding of WebGL and/or OpenGL and rendering on the web.
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Experience with UI/UX Design and/or Interaction Design.
- Be passionate about virtual reality, live streaming and/or games.
- Have a degree related to Computer Science.
- Have a portfolio of work that we can nose through.
- Come from a background of live streaming and/or bulletin boards/forums.
- Play any kind of games. Board games, VR games, tabletop RPGs, PC games...
- Own a VR headset.