Unreal Engine Developer (Tools/SDK)
LIV is looking for an Unreal Engine developer to come in and own the task of upgrading & maintaining our Unreal SDK.
LIVs main quest line is to empower VR content creators and game developers to connect with, and interact with their audiences in real-time.
LIV has the biggest content creator & game developer user base in VR behind it. Your work will be impacting end-users in the rawest sense - you'll be part of their workflow!
We'll expect you to take pride in your work here; keenly learn and
grow along with us. Our relationship with developers is critical, and code is the interface by which they work with us.
- Work with LIV engine team to upgrade & maintain the LIV Unreal SDK.
- Continue to iterate on, and dive deep into how Unreal Engine does rendering to unlock performance & quality wins for LIV.
- Support game developers in their LIV SDK integration efforts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- You need to be able to both give, and take critical feedback without ego.
- Commitment to ongoing code quality maintenance & documentation.
- If it's broken, let's throw it out and do better!
- Proficiency with Unreal Engine.
- A strong understanding of rendering in Unreal Engine.
- Having been involved in shipping a game.
- May your commits be small, and frequent.
- Two or more years of professional working experience.
- Be passionate about virtual reality, live streaming and/or gaming.
- Experience working with UBT.
- Experience with shaders.
- Experience developing VR in Unreal.
- Experience with DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan or similar graphics APIs.
- Have a degree related to computer science.
- Have experience working with remote teams.
- Come from a background of streaming, bulletin boards/forums or watch live streams.
- Play lots of any kind of games. Board games, VR games, tabletop RPGs, PC games.. any kind of games really!
- Own a VR headset.