LIV is looking for an experienced Unity developer to help us improve and maintain our Unity SDK, our Avatar renderer and some of our in-VR UI.
LIVs main quest line is to empower VR content creators and game developers to connect with, and interact with their audiences in real-time.
Our solution has the biggest creator user base in VR behind it, so your work will be impacting end-users in the
rawest sense - you'll be part of their workflow!
You will be working closely with the best selling and most anticipated VR games and developers, ensuring performance and quality during and and after completion of our SDK integration(s).
If you feel like you'd be a great team fit, but don't meet 100% of the requirements, please apply anyways! :)
- Iterate on and maintain our Unity SDK.
- Iterate on and maintain our Avatar renderer.
- Support both power users and "the common rabble" whilst maintaining ease-of-use.
- Support game developers and help them achieve excellence.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- (You need to be able to both give, and take critical feedback without ego.)
- Commitment to ongoing code quality maintenance & documentation.
- (If it's broken, let's throw it out and do better!
- Two or more years of professional working experience.
- Two or more years experience developing for Unity.
- To be highly self-disciplined & directed.
- May your commits be small, and frequent.
- Intimate knowledge of Windows & the desktop ecosystem.
- Be passionate about virtual reality.
- Experience with the Unity asset ecosystem.
- Experience working with Avatars, FinalIK and/or Inverse Kinematics in general.
- Experience with the Unity native plugin API.
- Knowledge of game development related mathematics.
- Experience developing with the OpenVR or Oculus APIs.
- Have a degree related to computer science.
- Have experience working with remote teams.
- Come from a background of streaming, bulletin boards/forums or watch live streams.
- Play lots of any kind of games. Board games, VR games, tabletop RPGs, PC games.. any kind of games really!
- Own a VR headset.